Thursday, December 20, 2012

Aqua-ponic smorgasbord update

Got some new pictures and further updates regarding my little vertical experiment.

The fish are dead, they died about three months into the experiment. I guess that is what i get for buying my livestock from wally world.

With that said i believe it had to do something along the line of not having enough plant life to clean  the water and or an absolute nitrate cycle collapse No one ever said getting the hang of building your own eco-systems was going to be easy.


You might wonder what I am doing currently for nutrients... Four words, Alaskan Fish Emulsion Fertilizer.  I can begin to expound on the wonders of this brown brackish goop, So far I have wicked root mass and massive vegetation in just a few weeks.  

Here are some glory shots.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it chill, NWS comments or other barnacles are not recommended. And remember the ears have walls... dont post comment's that you might regret. http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=1790