Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ebikes in the winter.

So today I got everything buttoned together on the basic ebike project of mine. Took it for a spin around the block with a full charge on my 36v 20Ah battery pack and about half way around in the 10 degree weather really started sapping my battery bank. Thankfully I was able to simply switch it into assist mode to get back to the apartment.

This kinda set off a brain storm, What do people do in cold weather to assist there EV setups? They either add insulation or heat. In this situation I think I might end up doing both to keep temperatures within operational parameters.

I give you the beta ubber cold weather ebike battery bag.



I absolutely cant wait to try this out tomorrow in the snow! And I am totally going to have to dig up my snorkel to reroute my hot breath through my clothing so my glasses and motorcycle helmet dont fog up. I got this idea from   from the following about blog post. http://bicycling.about.com/od/howtoride/tp/fight_foggy_lenses.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it chill, NWS comments or other barnacles are not recommended. And remember the ears have walls... dont post comment's that you might regret. http://www.ibls.com/internet_law_news_portal_view.aspx?s=latestnews&id=1790